Headquarters: San Jose, California
Linqto operates as a tech-driven investment platform that empowers accredited investors to discover, evaluate, and invest in liquid shares of top unicorns and elite private companies. Once a costly, labor-intensive, and challenging process for ordinary individual investors, Linqto is revolutionizing the way investments in these exclusive opportunities are made. Moreover, Linqto doesn't just enable investment access; it also creates liquidity for private securities. Founders, venture capitalists, and employees no longer have to await an IPO or trade sale to realize early returns and gain liquidity. This approach allows companies to prolong their private status by offering continuous liquidity to employees, facilitating both company growth and investor satisfaction.
Linqto makes it simple, inexpensive, and quick to access global private securities markets. The Linqto platform ultimately makes the private securities asset class accessible, while reducing costs and saving time with the flexibility of trading directly on the Company’s mobile app. Linqto offers exposure to private equity in as little as a minute by placing an order on the Company’s mobile app or website in the form of pick and choose selection.
Traditionally, only 2% of the world’s accredited investors have access to the private markets. Linqto addresses this issue by providing a liquid investing environment for the other 98% to also invest in unicorns and private companies before they go public.
Linqto has established a series of proprietary special purpose vehicles (SPVs) which it offers on its investment platform for Accredited Investors to buy and sell at affordable pricing ($5,000 minimums) for equity interests in private technology companies.
Linqto is profitable and sources revenue from two primary streams: a gross spread and principal investing. Linqto aggregates all its operating and financial costs into a spread that is applied to the offer price for each investment on the Linqto platform. Linqto retains ownership in each investment on its platform and holds these positions through exit on the Company’s balance sheet.
Linqto accepts payment via brokerage-style cash accounts, allowing members of our global community to pre-fund their investment accounts and enjoy the convenience of real-time transactions. This option allows customers to add funds with one wire transfer for multiple investments, saving time and hassle by eliminating the need for money wiring for each individual investment. Customers can also instantly transfer funds from their Uphold wallet to their cash account for added convenience. In addition to our 2 step verification at login, these accounts are held at J.P. Morgan and offer FDIC protection for added security. Linqto also accepts funding through entities such as LLCs, Corporations, Partnerships, Trusts, or Retirement Vehicles.
Since its inception, Linqto has featured 240+ investments in 55+ companies on its platform, representing a current total investment amount of over $260 million. 6 companies have already exited, with several exiting quickly after being made available on Linqto with an average holding period of 6-9 months.
2021 Financial Performance: $25.0 million in Revenue (10x year-over-year growth), $13.2 million in EBITDA (33x year-over-year growth), $7.5 million in Net Income.
2022 Financial Performance: $36.6 million in Revenue (46% year-over-year growth), 37% EBITDA margins, $8.7 million in Net Income.
Linqto has seen an incredible ~17x growth in users on the platform in just three years.
Linqto provides a unique offering in the investment landscape with liquidity in private markets, enabling members to both buy and sell on the platform, the first of its kind to facilitate such transactions.